Find program for your age
EF Languages Abroad
EF Languages Abroad
EF Languages Abroad
EF Language Year Abroad
Browse programs by popular destinations
The summer of your life
Surfing, beach volley, city tours – and much more. Our full packed activities and excursion program helps you learn a language abroad while having fun. On a language trip with EF there’s never a dull moment so get ready to soak up the sun and dive in!
From lively discussions in the classroom to organized social events – we are passionate about introducing our international students to each other. On your language trip you will make new friends from the whole world that will broaden your horizon.
Improve your language skills
On a language trip with EF you will learn from the best, most experienced teachers. You will also learn outside the classroom while having fun with your new friends, having dinner with your host family or interacting with the locals.
Why EF is the best choice for your language trip
- Experienced staff: We have more than 50 years’ experience of language travel organization. Our friendly EF-staff takes care of the practicalities so that you can enjoy your adventure abroad. We help you with all your questions and support you all the way from departure to when you return.
- Advance faster: We guarantee that you’ll advance one course level every six weeks when you attend all your classes and complete every assignment. Our innovative EF Method ensures that you make maximum progress in your language learning development – otherwise you’ll study for free until you do. EF can also help you prepare for and take official language proficiency exams like the TOEFL, IELTS, DALF and DELE.
- Globally accredited: Our language trips are accredited by some of the world’s leading organizations for higher education, including British council, NEA, ISA and ACCET. Our international summer schools are recognized by organizations like WYSET, CEN and Mentor Foundation.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I go on a language trip?
Regardless of whether you want to learn English in the metropolis of London or brush up on your foreign language skills on the beach in San Diego - EF offers all participants a wide range of language travel destinations worldwide. EF now has 50 accredited language schools in 20 countries. However, the most popular course locations are by far:
How old do I have to be to go on a language trip?
EF offers language travel for all ages, from young children to teenagers, university students and adults. When you travel with us you will meet people your own age and enjoy an amazing experience both in and outside of the classroom together. Learn more about our different language trips here:
- Language trips for children
- Language trips for teenagers
- Language trips for university students
- Language trips for adults
Is it safe to go on a language trip?
When you travel with EF, it's "EF All the way". Our staff is there for you from departure to return – our students’ comfort and safety is always our top priority. The EF office in your home country as well as the local staff at your EF destination supports you throughout your entire journey and will show you the best time at your destination.
Where will I stay during my language trip?
- Host family: Anyone who not only wants to learn the language abroad but also want to live it should choose a host family. This gives you an insight into the local culture, learns colloquial expressions and returns with an authentic accent. All of our language trips include the cost of living with a local host family including half board.
- EF Campus: In various course locations we offer the option of living directly in the language school on our language trips. Course participants live there together with other students from over 100 countries in a dynamic everyday campus life.
- EF residence: Students who do not want to live directly in the school but still want to live close to the center can book the EF dormitory as an accommodation option on our language trips. Depending on the chosen course location, there is WiFi, communal kitchens, a lounge and much more in the dormitories.
- Apartments: Students and adults in particular prefer more independence when taking a language trip. For this reason we offer single or double rooms in our selected apartments.
- Hotels: Optionally, course participants who want to enjoy comfort, privacy and all-round service on a language trip can also book one of our partner hotels as an accommodation option.
How much is a language trip?
At EF, we only offer you high-quality language courses that are tailored to your personal wishes and needs. The price therefore not only includes the EF language course, but also accommodation in a host family / residence, on-site catering (at least half-board) and all-round care before, during and after your language trip. Our supervised group language trips for children and schoolchildren also include the flight to the host country and the airport transfer.
We have over 50 years of experience and our reputation is world renowned.
Study with students from over 100 countries.
Explore the world through our programs in over 50 global destinations.
Learn faster and more comprehensively with the EF Method.
EF all the way
Our own schools and offices worldwide ensure exceptional customer service.
Our teaching expertise and approach to learning is recognised globally.