Studying abroad is a good investment in your academic and professional future. Not only does it create significantly better career opportunities, you will also have a memorable international and cultural experience. Prepare for your bachelor's degree, go on student exchange or learn to speak a foreign language fluently. Take a look at our study abroad opportunities and get in touch with us so we can start planning your study abroad program together.
Please choose your age
EF Language Year Abroad
EF Languages Abroad
EF Languages Abroad
Browse programs by popular destinations
Achieve academic development
It takes courage and commitment to study abroad. The fastest, most exciting way to achieve academic development is by taking part in a study abroad program. Whether you want to enroll in a foreign university or advance your business career in London, we have the best study abroad programs to get you there fast.
Our campuses are located in vibrant neighborhoods, in the world’s most inspiring cities. Join us and study abroad with motivated students from a variety of countries. You’ll make international friends, discover amazing places, and have so much fun that you’ll hardly be able to call it work at all.
Immerse yourself in the language and culture
There's no better way to become fluent in a language than by studying it in an immersive environment. Enrolling in a study abroad program will improve your foreign language skills: a major asset to your future academic studies and career. You'll also become more independent and come home with an entirely new perspective on the world.
Our study abroad opportunities in non-English speaking countries include short-term summer study abroad programs, long-term academic courses, and university preparation programs. Whichever study abroad program you choose, you can be certain that you won't soon forget all that you've learned while studying in a foreign country.
Why EF is the best choice to study abroad
Since 1965, EF has helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world. Together, we are breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography. One passport. One discovery. One dream at a time.
Our high-quality educational study abroad programs have earned us accreditation by prestigious monitoring bodies and organisations, including ACCET in the Unites States. For nearly 50 years, EF has set the international standard as a pioneer in language learning. To date, EF has helped millions of people to learn a new language, discover the world, or earn an academic degree.
EF collaborates with the most prestigious universities worldwide – including the University of Cambridge – to define the future of language learning. Together this collective of the world’s leading linguists, scientists and language experts are pioneering initiatives in language acquisition, teaching technology and progress assessment.
Want to become a student abroad? Start living the language!
If you're looking to break out of your routine and study abroad with EF, just submit the form to request a free brochure, or call or text our study abroad office to learn more!
Frequently asked questions
What are the benefits of studying abroad?
In today's world, language and intercultural skills are key to success. Discovering new places, immersing yourself in a new culture and making new friends from all over the world are proven factors for long-term success.
For us, progress isn’t just a possibility; it’s a promise. Studying abroad has challenges and rewards, and we support you every step of the way so you know your investment will pay off. The learning doesn’t stop when you return home: you’ll stay connected to your study abroad program through online learning tools and student communities.
What’s more, you go home with documented proof of your language proficiency if you've studied in a non-English speaking country: an academic portfolio of certifications and exam results that are recognized by employers, universities and governments around the world. You won’t find a more reliable, more experienced study abroad program anywhere. Other benefits of studying abroad are:
- Learn a new language
- Discover a new culture
- Meet new people from all over the world
- Gain valuable experiences, both personally and professionally
What study abroad programs are offered?
Whether you want to prepare for an exam, graduate from a university, or just learn and discover a new language and culture at our language school - you came to the right place. Studying abroad is the best way to gain confidence and experience speaking a new language. Our study abroad programs range from year-long courses to summer vacation programs, so there's something for everyone. If you have decided that you want to study abroad, then it is time to find out what you would like to learn and discover. At EF, we offer numerous international studies abroad:
- EF Language Programs - EF offers language courses in more than 50 locations around the world, in 19 different countries and in 12 languages, suitable for international students of all ages and levels.
- EF Exam Preparation Programs - EF will help you prepare for official language exams such as Cambridge English, TOEFL, IELTS and TOEIC. EF can also prepare you for an exam in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Chinese or Japanese.
- EF Internship or Volunteer Abroad Programs - An internship or volunteer program gives your CV a boost and helps you develop your language skills in a professional setting.
- EF University Foundation Year - In this year you will be prepared for your bachelor's degree abroad. You will acquire the skills you will need during your academic studies abroad. After successfully completing the program, you are guaranteed admission to one of our partner institutions worldwide.
- EF Advanced Diploma Program - Take your language skills to the next level by combining intensive English classes with a subject of your choice. An ideal preparation for further study.
- EF Multi Language Year - Travel the world as you learn two to three languages fluently in different countries. This gives you the opportunity to get to know different languages and cultures.
What are my accommodation options while I’m studying abroad?
Studying abroad gives you many customizable options, including where you’ll live for the duration of your language immersion program. You can opt to live with other international students in a student residence, or choose a homestay instead.
With homestay, you’ll join your host family for breakfast and dinner, and then during the day you’ll be in classes at our language school, university or college, or out and about exploring. This is a great way to experience the way of life in the city or country that you're visiting and reinforce your new skills.
If you’d prefer a bit more independence as you study abroad, you can stay in a student residence with fellow international students from around the world.
What is the minimum language level needed to study abroad?
Once you know which course you want to take, for how long and where you want to study abroad - then it's time to start with the language preparation. You don't need any prior knowledge of the chosen language, but it's always good to start practising: listen to Spanish music, download an English language learning app or watch a French series on Netflix. The more familiar you are with the language you want to study abroad, the better and more effective your study abroad will be.
How do you prepare for studying abroad?
Whether you're going on a holiday with family and friends or deciding to study abroad: good preparation is half of success. Prepare yourself so you won't be faced with any surprises. To study abroad for a few weeks, months or a year, or to follow a semester abroad, you must make some choices. Use the list below to know exactly what is expected of you, and what you can expect from us.
- Duration - Would you like to study abroad for several weeks? For a three months internship? Or stay abroad for a whole year? It is important to know exactly what you want. Depending on your dreams and ambitions, you can study abroad for 2 weeks, 1 month, 6 months or 1 year. It's totally up to you!
- Destination - Studying in Europe brings different experiences than studying in Asia. We have language schools in all corners of the world. The most popular countries are England, Canada, Australia, France, Spain and Malta.
- Accommodation - With homestay, you'll fully immerse yourself. If you’d prefer a bit more independence as you study overseas, you can stay in a student residence with fellow classmates from around the world.
- Visa & Insurance - In most cases you do need a visa to study abroad. Our study abroad office will guide and advise you during the visa application process. A basic and travel insurance is also necessary to study abroad.
- Flights - Our EF staff is responsible for booking both outbound and inbound flights. For some destinations you'll need a return ticket to your home country for a successful visa application.
How much does it cost to study abroad?
EF offers many different course types and options, so the price of studying abroad varies depending on your needs and wishes. To receive a complete and personalized offer, please request a price quotation via our study abroad office. Of course, you'll also need to consider the quality of your lessons as well as the extra activities. At EF we guarantee the best quality, both inside and outside the campus. Tuition, accommodation and meals are included in the offer:
- 20, 26 or 32 language lessons per week (40-minute lessons)
- Student residence or twin room with homestay
- Digital learning material
- EFSET Graduation Report
- Access to EF Campus Connect from enrollment
- Online pre & post course
- Free Wi-Fi access at our campus
What are the requirements to study abroad?
The conditions for studying abroad vary depending on the study, exchange program or language course you choose. In general, the conditions include good (certified) English language skills, a valid visa and travel insurance for the entire study period.