With the spooky season upon us, EF Academy wastes no time organizing scarecrow making, cozy movie nights, and pumpkin carving activities!
EF Academy’s National Honor Society is a club which runs fundraising, service opportunities and activities for the school – all for the betterment of our community as a whole. This week the focus was School Spirit, by having a dress-up themed week and many after school activities which had excellent outcomes.
My favorite activity was the pumpkin carving show: Pumpkins are often viewed as something that needs to be scary, but each of us had to take a pumpkin and try to give it our interpretation of what Halloween meant to us.
How to carve a pumpkin
- Choose your pumpkin.
- Decide if you want to remove the seeds of the pumpkin from the side or top of the pumpkin.
- Take out the seeds and separate them from the pulp.
- Take a marker and draw the outline of where you want to cut.
- Look at your neighbors’ pumpkins and chat while they get distracted.
- Show and celebrate your pumpkin.
- Roast the seeds and eat them as a healthy snack while enjoying your favorite movie.
Isabella’s tips and tricks
- Use a spoon to scoop the inside of your pumpkin. It will make the inside pretty and smooth, perfect for a nice candle keeper.
- Listen to your favorite Halloween playlist. If you don’t have one, check on the internet. It may help you find the right inspiration.
- Find references on Pinterest and try to give them an original twist: think if you want to add hair, glitters, hairbrows, mustache.
- Remember: NO LIMITS.