Halloween pumpkin carving at EF Academy New York
With the spooky season upon us, EF Academy wastes no time organizing scarecrow making, cozy movie nights, and pumpkin carving activities!
EF Academy’s National Honor Society is a club which runs fundraising, service opportunities and activities for the school – all for the betterment of our community as a whole. This week the focus was School Spirit, by having a dress-up themed week and many after school activities which had excellent outcomes.
My favorite activity was the pumpkin carving show: Pumpkins are often viewed as something that needs to be scary, but each of us had to take a pumpkin and try to give it our interpretation of what Halloween meant to us.
How to carve a pumpkin
- Choose your pumpkin.
- Decide if you want to remove the seeds of the pumpkin from the side or top of the pumpkin.
- Take out the seeds and separate them from the pulp.
- Take a marker and draw the outline of where you want to cut.
- Look at your neighbors’ pumpkins and chat while they get distracted.
- Show and celebrate your pumpkin.
- Roast the seeds and eat them as a healthy snack while enjoying your favorite movie.
Isabella’s tips and tricks
- Use a spoon to scoop the inside of your pumpkin. It will make the inside pretty and smooth, perfect for a nice candle keeper.
- Listen to your favorite Halloween playlist. If you don’t have one, check on the internet. It may help you find the right inspiration.
- Find references on Pinterest and try to give them an original twist: think if you want to add hair, glitters, hairbrows, mustache.
- Remember: NO LIMITS.