Our English school in Vancouver
Due to Covid-19, the school is currently operating under a detailed health and safety protocol including limited number of students on campus. An overview of new campus rules can be found here.
- Modern building conveniently located on Cambie Street
- Newly-remodeled interior offers a state-of-the-art learning environment
- Study lounge with board games, computers, and a library
- Shops, coffee houses and restaurants located right outside the English school
- Organized excursions to the Rocky Mountains, Victoria, and Seattle
- Close to public transportation for easy access to Sunset Beach and Vancouver's famous Stanley Park
- EF in Vancouver is designated by EQA and on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Designated Learning Institution List
- Cambridge ESOL Exam Centre
- Download a PDF flyer for the Vancouver school here
- EF in Vancouver is accredited by Languages Canada
- EF in Vancouver is designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB)
- There are two different enrolment forms which contain important institutional policies. For language programs that do not require PTIB approval (6 months or less of duration/tuition less than $4000), please click here. For language programs which are PTIB approved (6 months or longer/tuition more than $4000), please click here
- EF Vancouver is operating under an enhanced health and safety protocol until further notice due to Covid-19.
Accreditation & memberships
Our English courses in Vancouver
Choose from a range of general and specialized English courses in Vancouver. General English courses begin every Monday all year round and can last for as little as 2 weeks or as long as you like. All our English courses in Vancouver use blended instruction, so you spend a portion of your English classes using online learning tools to reinforce and develop what you've seen with your teacher.
For students with more specific English learning objectives, we offer a range of specialized English courses in Vancouver as well. TOEFL and Cambridge exam preparation courses will improve your scores on those tests. Semester and year-long English courses lead to greater fluency and full cultural immersion. Our university pathway program guarantees admission to one of our partner universities in Canada.
Our English courses in Vancouver take place in a beautifully renovated heritage building near the shops, cafes and art institutions of downtown Vancouver. Located next to Vancouver’s iconic Rogers Arena on Cambie Street, EF International Language Campus is a short walk to False Creek Harbour and seawall.
Included in your English course
- 20, 26 or 32 English classes per week, each lasting 40 minutes, using our proprietary Efekta™ Learning System
- Twin room with a host family
- Breakfast and dinner Monday-Friday and all meals on weekends with your host family
- Digital learning media and academic materials
- EF Standard English Test (EF SET) for placement and progress tracking
- EF Course Certificate and EF SET Certificate of Achievement
- Access to the My EF platform before your English course where you can meet future classmates
- Online English learning tools for up to 6 months after your course
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access at the EF English School in Vancouver
Additional services and policies
- Flight arrangements
- Arrival transfer service
- Comprehensive travel & medical insurance coverage
- Option of a single room in your host family
- EF international student residence accommodation
- Activities, sports and excursions at EF group rates
- Respectful and Fair Treatment of Others Policy here
- Policy for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Misconduct here
- EF Homestay (included): Twin room with a carefully-selected Vancouver host family. Breakfast and dinner Monday-Friday & all meals on weekends.
- EF-affiliated residence – GEC Pearson: Multi Rooms and Twin Rooms. Self-Catering.
For a complete overview of course fees, tuition, accommodation and student services, please download our PDF here.
For an overview of EF‘s Residence Code of Conduct, please click here.