Nothing says Halloween like a bowl of fresh, poppin’ caramel corn. Kendra, in the video below, will show you how to make some (tip: it’s a great, homemade treat to bring to a Halloween party)!
– 150 gr brown sugar
– 150 gr light syrup
– 125 gr butter
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– candy corn (American Halloween candy) or other candy
– Pop your corn – on the stove or in the microwave – and place it on an oven plate.
– Make the caramel sauce by combining the butter, salt, syrup and brown sugar in a pot. Stir constantly until it starts to boil. As soon as it starts boiling, stop stirring and let it sit for five minutes. Remove it from the heat and stir in your baking soda.
– Pour the caramel sauce on your popcorn – cover as much as you can – and pop into the oven at 125 C for 15 minutes.
– Remove it from the oven and stir to ensure the caramel covers all the popcorn. Sprinkle on the candy while it’s still hot to ensure it sticks.
– Let it cool down until it’s nice and crunchy – then just break it apart to eat!