There is no better way to practice pronunciation and work on your accent than trying out some English tongue twisters – phrases or sequences of words that are difficult to pronounce quickly and correctly. The blog team picked out five of the best ones and – just so you don’t feel bad about your own attempts – showed just how easily you trip up when attempting to say “How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?” fast!
Check out our attempt above and test your own skills with the tongue twisters below:
1. Black background, brown background
2. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
3. Which witch switched the Swiss wristwatches?
4. She sells seashells by the seashore
5. Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?