2018 marks the 50th year of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. It feels especially fitting, as this year was one of the more remarkable years of IB diploma results for EF Academy. Many of our students fared better than the average IB diploma students worldwide.
Each campus did exceptionally well in the results and with an overall average pass rate of 82% and the highest score of 41, our IB students can look back on their high school experience as an enriching one. The students who took the exam can look forward to attending some of the best-ranked universities in the world.
Top 10 IB scores:
- Rebekka Kvalum from Norway was a joint top-scorer with 41 points. She has an unconditional offer to study History at St Andrews University, which is currently #1 in the UK for History (Times). Oxford
- Tung Ho Lau from Hong Kong was the other top scorer, also with 41 points. He has a place to study Management at the University of Warwick, which is currently #7 in the UK for Management (Times). Oxford
- Shih Chien Huang (Cherry) from Taiwan began her journey at EF Academy New York four years ago as a freshman and finished her time at our school as the class valedictorian scoring 40 points on her Diploma and receiving a bilingual distinction on her IB DIploma. In September, Cherry will be attending Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. New York
- Cosima Kozka from Germany scored an impressive 40 points. This included scoring a maximum 7 points in three higher subjects. Torbay
- Khoa Thien Le (Harry) from Vietnam has become one of our top students this year, scoring 40 points on his IB Diploma. He will begin his next chapter at one of America’s Public Ivy universities, The University of Wisconsin-Madison. New York
- Jiayi Zhao (Tina) from China began with us four years ago as a freshman. She scored 40 points on her IB Diploma. She will be joining Wellesley College in the fall, ranked third in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the United States by US News and World Reports. New York
- Chau My Luu (Jade) from Vietnam began her studies with us at grade 9. She scored a 39 on her IB Diploma. She will be attending the University of British Columbia in September. New York
- TianChen Xia (Jerry) from China serenaded the school throughout his four-year journey as a member of our school’s rock band. He scored a 39 on his IB Diploma and received the distinction of a Bilingual IB Diploma. He will be attending The University of California at Berkeley in the Fall. New York
- Iulia Bock from Romania achieved 38 points and has already secured an offer for Medicine at University of Leeds (#13 in the UK). Oxford
- Bror Nissen from Norway scored 37 points and has an unconditional offer to study Law from the University of Exeter (#14 in the UK). Oxford
Congratulations to this year’s IB diploma students. We are deeply proud of the hard work and dedication from every student in the IB program this year. As the test scores suggest, the hard work has paid off – in results and the personal development for each IB student of EF Academy. We can’t wait to see what comes next for each one of you.