Job title: Host Family Recruiter
Language Travel is currently looking for Host Family recruiters in Monterey, CA and Santa Cruz, CA.
Work From Home and on the field
Start date: immediate
EF Language Travel is a non-profit organization and part of EF Education First. EF Language Travel organizes short term summer programs for international teenagers and juniors that help make dreams come true. The students come to the US to stay with host families, engage in language lessons, and participate in organized cultural activities and excursions while experiencing the "American Dream". Our East Coast headquarters are based in Boston, MA.
We are currently seeking a super star Host Family Recruiter to focus on the growth and development of our summer program in the Santa Cruz area. The role concentrates on establishing EF Language Travel within the local community.
The Host Family recruiter will organize and participate in numerous host family recruiting activities from the time of hiring until the end of the summer program. The Host Family recruiter is required to recruit host families for all students prior to program commencement. The Host Family Recruiter will liaise with the local study center (tbd) and identify suitable afternoon activities within the community. Once the students arrive, the Host Family Recruiter will be the local point of contact for the host families. Students are from Europe and Asia and range in age from 14-17 years old and will stay between 3 - 4 weeks. This role is closely supported by an Operations Manager.
- Responsible for recruiting and screening host families
- Promote EF Language Travel in the community at local events, and through visits to schools, churches, local businesses etc.
- Assist in the development of program activity calendar
- Assess most effective modes of transportation from host family homes to course center (public transport or school bus routes)
- Place and match students with host families
- Update and maintain program database
- Required participation in staff and host family training and specified program events
- Provide support to host families as needed during the program
- Proactively establish a network of contacts with relevant local figures and organizations
* Requires home office setup (internet connection, telephone, computer)
* Requires a valid driver's license and use of personal vehicle for transportation
Profile of ideal candidate:
- Has a strong social network and is well connected in the community through e.g. churches, schools, sports clubs, businesses etc.
- Must have at least 3 strong proven network connections
- Has great ideas of how to promote EF Language Travel in the community
- Is passionate about cultural exchange
- Possesses extensive knowledge of local community
- Enjoys working from home and in the field
- Is customer service oriented
- Is an independent problem solver with a positive attitude
- Wants to make a difference in their communities
- Is computer literate and organized
This is a part-time paid position. Benefits not provided.
Potential to grow program volume within the community in the next three years.
Visit us on YouTube and watch two videos that we filmed in California last summer:
Meet some of our valued host families
Get a glimpse of our programs in action
Host Family Recruiter – Huntington Beach, CA 20012
Activity Leader – Boston Residence 2012
I spent this past summer working with EF and I could not have been happier with my experience. I could tell right away that EF was the type of work environment I had been looking for. Language Travel’s fast paced, high energy work environment allows you to develop necessary skills for thriving in today’s economy. I was shocked at the amount I learned from recruiting out in California and acting as an Activity Leader in Beverly, MA. The culture surrounding EF is one that should entice hard working individuals who have a great deal of energy. Working with EF over the summer allowed me to meet incredible people from all over the world. As a company, EF thinks that it is extremely important to have its employees experience different cultures. I cannot wait to see where EF takes me next!