EF Language Travel will be bringing International high school students ages 14 to 17 to the Baltimore area for three to four weeks next July and August (2014). The students chose to participate in this EF program based at UMBC for the purpose of improving their English and learning about American culture firsthand. We are already accepting host family applications: if you are interested in hosting an international student in the Baltimore area, please contact Beth: email@example.com
Who is coming when?
- Students from Spain and Russia: 07/02 to 07/28
- Students from China: 07/23 to 08/11
- Students from China, Hong Kong and Russia: 07/30 to 08/18
- Families may host one or two sessions.
- The sooner you contact us, the better!
Why become a host family?
- You will be able to share the American culture with students from around the world.
- You will expose your children to a new culture and help them become world-savvy.
- You can make international friends for life.
- It is a short term commitment: You can choose to host for three to seven weeks and pick which intake works best for your family.
- The students are busy from Monday to Friday: you only need to spend time with them during the evenings and the weekends.
- We provide transportation from a convenient meeting point to the Course Center (UMBC).
- You will earn a cash stipend per student, per week. Each family can host up to four students in one intake.
- Your children can earn community service hours.
- If a member of your family has traveled with EF within the last year or plans to travel with us in the coming year, you will receive a $250 discount on the EF product of your choice: http://www.ef.com/book-now/.
- You will help make these teenagers' dreams come true!
What do the students do during their stay in Washington DC?
- Our students have studied English for several years prior to participating in our program and are here to improve their skills. They will spend an average of 4 hours per day in intensive English classes.
- The students will participate in daily activities ranging from a tour of Washington DC or a visit to Baltimore, to going on a seadog cruise or participating in a mini-golf contest.
- They will also have the option of joining our long-weekend excursion to New York City where they will visit the Empire State building, go see the Statue of Liberty and explore Central Park amongst other exciting attractions.
Why choose our programs?
- Language Travel (LT) is a division of EF Education First dedicated to encouraging global awareness through cultural exchange and language learning for more than 30 years.
- We have experienced staff and offer 24/7 support.
- We offer a weekly stipend for each student you host.
- We know our host families' lives are busy and our local staff do everything they can to make it as easy as possible on the families.
- Our students come fully insured and with their own spending money.
Host Family requirements
- Our host families come in all shapes and sizes; single parent households, empty-nesters, couples with no children, and families with small children or with teenagers.
- They are expected to provide a bed, three meals a day, transportation to a conveniently located meeting point and, most importantly, a stable, caring environment.
Any questions? Do not hesitate to contact Beth by email firstname.lastname@example.org!
You can also call Language Travel at 1-800-521-0083 or visit our website: www.ef.com/ehp
Follow us on Twitter @LT_USA and on Facebook: Education First - Language Travel