Successful university candidates need a strong academic foundation. EF is highly experienced in dealing with classes of mixed abilities and appreciates that all students develop at different rates, especially students coming from such a diverse range of nationalities and cultures.
In order to join EF International Academy, students must demonstrate that:
1) They are mature enough to cope with the demands of the EF International Academy programmes, including living in a foreign country and coping with the inevitable culture shock.
2) They are academically capable of dealing with the requirements of EF International Academy programmes.
3) They are able to study at the high school level through the medium of the English language.
Individual interviews and testing take place both in the home country and again upon arrival at school to ensure that students meet these requirements.
Academic criteria for examination entry
Students who do not perform satisfactorily in their course work will not be entered for external public examinations by EF International Academy. Students will be formally assessed at least twice a year. The assessment will take into account:
• Course work
• Internal examination results
• Effort in class and homework
• Public examination potential
Students who do not meet the criteria of the programme will not be allowed to proceed with their original course but will be offered an alternative course or invited to withdraw without a refund.
Grade 9/10 and IGCSE
Ages 14- 16, completed Grade 8 or 9
IELTS 4.5, TOEFL IBT 34/CBT 103, SLEP 43
IB and A Levels
Ages 16- 18, completed Grade 10
IELTS 5.5, TOEFL IBT 71/CBT 194, SLEP 57
Ages 14- 18, open to all grades
IELTS 4.0, TOEFL IBT 19/CBT 60, SLEP 40
Student grades should demonstrate a strong academic level, with a minimum C average.
Special Age Requirement for Oxford
Students wishing to join the High School Preparation, IBDP or A-level programmes in Oxford should be at least 16 years old at the time of their UK visa application.