Specialized Courses of Study
At EF International Academy, students can tailor their academic programmes to fit their individual career path, be it medicine, law, business or engineering. The school also provides personalised support to outstanding students seeking entry to Oxbridge and Ivy League institutions.
OXBRIDGE / IVY LEAGUE
EF International Academy offers intensive support for those students with goals of attending the world’s most elite universities. The school’s university placement team maintains personal relationships with admissions counselors at Oxbridge and Ivy League institutions to ensure top offers for qualified students. With a keen understanding of what these schools demand from successful applicants, our team helpsstudents:
• Develop a keen passion and knowledge for their chosen field of study — long considered the top entrance criteria for Oxbridge prospects
• Develop critical thinking skills
• Review mock interview questions
• Build strong communication skills
• Select the right courses and perfect their overall portfolfio
MEDICAL / DENTISTRY
Whether they are seeking entry to medical schools in the United Kingdom, or premed programmes in the United States, EF International Academy works with students to prepare them for this incredibly selective field of study. The school offers world-class science and higher maths courses, and
further assists students with:
• UKCAT and BMAT preparation
• UCAS applications and personal statements
• Work experience and medic-related Internships
• Seminars on relevant medical topics
• Extensive interviews by both academic tutors and medical experts In the United States
The process for applying to medical school differs slightly, as students do not apply to medical school until they’ve successfully completed their undergraduate studies. In this case, students create a 5-year plan, focusing their efforts on gaining admissions to universities that have high placements in medical school.
Students that are interested in the area of visual and performing arts, take ownership of the creative process to bring their visions to light. Outside of relevant course work, they also have the opportunity to create costumes and choreograph dances for dramatic productions, write and publish their
own literary magazine or newspaper, and showcase their works at photography and art exhibits. The near endless opportunities allow them to build outstanding portfolios for the university admissions process in the fields of dance, music, fashion and graphic design.
The school also offers:
• Film production with a professional film director
• Participation in the art exhibitions locally and regionally
• Job shadowing opportunities with professional theatre artists and musicians
EF campuses offer numerous opportunities for students to gain an edge in the legal field. Debate Club helps students improve their speaking and debate skills, while Model UN further provides insights into international issues and frameworks. Because of the school’s diversity and ongoing access to real-world perspectives, international law or human rights law are ongoing sources of student discussion.
Other opportunities include:
• Live debate forums
• Professional speaker series
• Participation in Model UN conferences
• English language preparation and mastery
• Focus on international law
• Job shadowing and mentorship opportunities in law
Business — be it finance, economics, accounting or entrepreneurship — is one of the most popular career paths for students at EF International Academy, and regardless which global location students choose, they will enjoy a multitude of courses, clubs, speakers, and excursions relating to the business field. EF International Academy students benefit especially from the school’s diversity.
Fellow students offer personal insights regarding nearly every international business case study; numerous market structures can be studied and debated in every class meeting.
The school also offers:
• Professional speakers series regarding marketing, entrepreneurship and finance
• Job shadowing and mentorship opportunities in business
• Alumni network with access to EF business professionals worldwide
• Student-led Business Club and school stores
Those interested in the field of engineering will benefit from EF International Academy’s outstanding math and science curricula, and the vast array of opportunities for hands-on coursework that allow students to bring their studies to life. Engineering is based on the practical and creative application of mathematic and scientific methods. Whether seeking a career in chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical or structural engineering, students are able to tailor large projects to meet their individual career goals. In the past, students have built windmills; studied the architecture of their home countries; and researched the chemical make-up of food and water as part of their EF coursework.
• Outstanding higher maths courses
• Hands-on science laboratories
• Personal research projects
• Job shadowing and mentorship
opportunities in engineering