Finding the right student for your family!
EHP local staff go through an extensive matching process to find the perfect student for you and your family. Before the students arrive an EHP representative will come visit you in your home, have you fill in a host family application, discuss your families interests and answer any questions you may have about the program. After learning more about your family, their interests and life-style, the local EHP team member will then look at the application filled in by the student (see below). This application lists student information including family life, hobbies and interests, photos, and a note to you (their potential host family). After carefully reading through the applications, the local EHP representative will match your family with a compatible student.
Students participating in an EF Educational Homestay Program have their own set of expectations. In selecting a language travel program, they are looking for a unique and exciting learning experience, while combining aspects of American culture and language.
- To be placed with a loving, caring host family.
- To improve their language skills.
- To experience American culture through planned educational and recreational activities.
- To establish long-lasting friendships with their host families and peers.
- To receive guidance and assistance from trained EF EHP staff.
- To have fun.