EF Internship Program
Participate in a series of workshops ranging from Interview Skills to Resume writing, along with attending guest lectures and educational visits with a popular selection of industry representatives. Depending on the country a program may vary from eight to nine weeks in length.
Upper Intermediate to Advanced
Minimum 8 week course with 50-100 internship hours
- After 4-6 weeks of English instruction you will be placed in a company matching your interest and abilities for an unpaid internship.
- A total of 50-100 hours of work experience in a local company within your chosen interest area.
- 2 internship preparation sessions to cover cv/resume writing and interviewing skills.
- 14 general language lessons to build grammar and all communication skills.
- 6 iLAB sessions at English Schools/ 4 language lab and 2 integrated video/ project work/ conversation sessions at Non-English Schools.
- 10 special interest lessons in your chosen subject.
- 1 (double lesson) listening comprehension practice lecture
Presentation of your experience
After you finish your internship, you'll make a formal presentation to your class on one aspect of your experience. This will combine research about the field in which you worked with your own personal impressions.
Certificates and recommendations
Return home with a full portfolio of official proof demonstrating your international work experience recognized by employers, universities and governments worldwide. At the conclusion of your internship program, you'll be eligible for the EF Certificate of International Internship. If you study in England or Australia you'll also receive a certificate from the prestigious University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES). You may also receive a personal letter of recommendation from your company.
Internships are not available in the USA, but students are able to practice their language skills by volunteering at different organizations at the same time as studying English full-time.